Saturday 22 December 2007

Lady of the Dawn

I was going through the tedious task of reviewing all the notes i had written in the past, both random and poetry. I came across lady of the dawn, an aspiring epic poem and it reminded me of the way i was feeling at the time. The searcher on a quest to find one that was truely worthy. I enjoyed writting this piece. It began on my trip to Madrid in January and i am sure that in a few months or years i shall return to it for editing but for now i feels just right.

Dawn is a new day, a new opportunity, something fresh and new and untouched. There are many worthy women out there that are ladies of the dawns...

Lady of the Dawn.

I've rested, beneath these cursed sheets
it seems for all eternity.
waiting on this single kiss
that will rise my slumbered spirit.

'Cause he has left this place
but he might return,
with another face,
to ignite these burns
and his scent remains
to remind me of those darkened days

Oh, he breathes fire
this man is a liar.
have those clouds returned so soon
to bring the rain, to bring back the rain?

He turns up with his sympathy
He turns up with his words
of sweet nothings that he whispers in my ear
but i say:

I don't want you or your tarnished sword
where ladies of the night
have laid their virtues in false words
but is there any worthy man
is there anyone listening
heralds of the sky, send this call throughout the land.

The race is on
and the journey is long
who will return with a heart that is true
who will come through those wretched gates

Hunter, you are loved by all
so you chose to answer the call
for in your heart you loved the chase
but is this your noble quest?
You tried your best but it wasn't enough
You gave what you could but it wasn't love
So you fell from grace so easily
to the sirens who called your name.

The first has fallen
it breaks my heart
for i loved his passion and his zest for life
but i am left to wonder about you, dear prince
will you dress me in purple silk and call me your queen?
or will you run away.

The prince has stray and will not go on
so come young knight and remove my thorny crown.
Let your song be known
Let me find the lost one in you.
My heart races, like dark horses to you
over vengeful clouds into the dazzling blue.

O knight, don't take too long.
cause i've laid beneath these poison sheet
for what seems like eternity
the unlikely hero has arrived
while the rest have drowned in their pride.
knight you smile and say:

Lady of the Dawn
I have brought you the sun
Raise your sleepy head
cause the beast is dead.

I've rested, beneath these cursed sheets
he has left this place but he might return.

No comments: