Wednesday 30 January 2008

The Voice of the Women...

well my friend reminded me that i hadn't posted in a while. It is not because nothing has happened around here or that i have nothing to say but simply because sometimes you have so many things swimming around in your head; you have to wait to them to settle like dust before you know where they fall and how they fit together. In which case, there is something to write about.

right now...all i have are quotes from some of the best actresses the human race ever produced. I'd like to live by them. some you might know from films and others well....they are just so darn good.

Bette Davis

I went away from home to be on my own. I don't want to be like my mother, a 'yes' woman for some man. I want to be a person of my own." --as Helen Bauer in EX-LADY (1933).

I'd like ta kiss ya, but I just washed my hair."--as Madge in CABIN IN THE COTTON (1932)

"If you could read my mind, you'd shrivel where you stand." --as Joyce Arden in IT'S LOVE I'M AFTER (1937).

Doctor, will you do something for me? When you get inside my head, see if you can find any sense in it." --as Judith Traherne in DARK VICTORY (1939).

You sound like a book, and a very cheap one." --as Maggie in THE GREAT LIE (1941).

Katherine Hepburn

The one thing sharper than a serpent's tooth is a sister's ingratitude." --as Agnes in A DELICATE BALANCE (1973).

Will you take your cheery personality and get out of here." --as Ethel Thayer in ON GOLDEN POND (1981).

Audrey Hepburn

"If people loved each other more, they'd shoot each other less." --as Ariane Chavasse in LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Look, I know it's asking you to stretch your imagination but, don't you think you could pretend just for a moment that I'm a woman?" --as Regina Lampert in CHARADE (1963).

Rita Hayworth

The first time in my life I ever really wanted a man to kiss me, and he had something else to do!" --as Maria Acuna in YOU WERE NEVER LOVELIER (1942).

Greta Garbo

Gif me a visky, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby." --as Anna Christie in ANNA CHRISTIE (1930).


Ava Gardner

"Do me a favor. Don't complicate my life right now." --as Ellie Holbrook in SEVEN DAYS IN MAY (1964).

Marilyn Monroe

"I can be smart when it's important, but most men don't like it. Except Gus. He's always been interested in my brain." --as Lorelei Lee in GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES (1953).

1 comment:

Miss M said...

Love the quotes! There are some fantastic ones there.